Delicious no bake energy bites packed full of nutritious ingredients, all gluten and dairy free!
I have been making energy bites for Finn to eat for a couple of years now. Luckily most of them were already gluten and dairy free so when we switched his diet it meant he had a least a few familiar snacks that he could still enjoy.
These Sprinkle Energy Bites are a new favourite however, originally made as an alternative to sprinkle topped cupcakes which I knew Finn wouldn’t be able to eat at a friend’s party. And they went down an absolute treat!
The Energy Bites themselves are very soft but the sprinkles add a really nice crunch to them. I used confetti sprinkles in mine but you pretty much use any kind of sprinkles, just be sure to check they are gluten and dairy free (most are!)
This recipe is perfect for making in bulk (it makes about 15) and then keeping for a few days in the fridge, ready to take out for an instant snack.
If you try this recipe I would absolutely love to hear your feedback or even see pictures of your own creations! And to stay up-to-date on all my recipes you can follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp desiccated or shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- To decorate: 2 tbsp confetti sprinkles
- Mix the oats, nut butter, honey, coconut, ground flaxseed and vanilla extract together in a bowl until fully combined.
- Roll the mixture into equal size bites. I made 15 bites from my mixture but you can make more or less depending on what size you want them to be. Once they are all rolled into shape roll them through the sprinkles.
- Place the bites in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.