A delicious dairy free smoothie, packed with berries, oats and flaxseed and perfect for a quick and easy breakfast!
Now that Spring is here and the weather is starting to get warmer I’m looking forward to having lots more smoothies for breakfast. Smoothies are a great way to get healthy ingredients into picky eaters and my recipe for this Berry & Oat Smoothie is super delicious!
Along with fruit, I added oats and flaxseed to the recipe for a boost of fibre and Omega-3 fatty acids. The oats also help to make the smoothie very filling as they are packed with slow release carbs.
I used a bag of frozen mixed berries in this recipe but fresh berries would work well too. I do prefer frozen though, just because they are much cheaper to buy, you can get them through all seasons plus they make the smoothie really cold so you don’t need to add any ice!
- 300ml / 1.25 cups non-dairy milk
- 80g / 1 cup non-dairy yogurt
- 30g / 0.5 cups rolled oats
- 75g / 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- optional: honey or maple syrup to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blitz for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Serve immediately.